Monday, June 5, 2017

Sushi Sho Masa すし匠 まさ @ Roppongi, Tokyo



Get ready for the meal of your life. In terms of variety and total number of items for their dinner course, this place is definitely the sushi restaurant to go to if you want to taste a wide range of different seafood items and if you want to make sure you are full by the end of the night.

My dinner at Sushi Sho Masa consisted of 53 items altogether, including dishes which I never thought were possible or even considered up to standard for such a premium meal. Due to the sheer number of things that I ate, I'm a little disappointed to say that I can't exactly remember all the names of the fishes that I ate, but I'll try to write down as many as I can under the captions. I'll be using a mix of English and Japanese for the item names so bear with me please. Here are my pictures taken:

Tako, Nodoguro, Akagai, Hokki gai, Miru gai himo, Amaebi, Tairagai, Tako Shirako
Another clam, Uni, Shirako, Sawara, grilled white fish, prawn brains, grilled clam, Ankimo
Fugu Shirako, (I forgot), grilled snapper, Shirako 3, Aji, Buri, Ika, geso
Hotaru ika, Hotaru ika 2, Kodai, King salmon, Squid guts, Salmon cheek, Tairagai, Katsuo
Katsuo, grilled fish, Kohada, Kinemdai, Chu Toro, Otoro, Maguro zuke, Ebi
Nishin, Prawn head, Anago, Uni, Anago 2, Minced toro maki, Nodoguro, Himokyuu maki
Kinmedai, Katsuo Toro, Nodoguro Kamatoro, Uni, Tamago, Kanpyou maki

 As you can see, I ate a lot of stuff. Some of the fish were repeated but prepared in different styles. For example, you will also notice that 3 different types of sea urchin (Uni) and 4 types of Shirako were served. This meal really blew me away. Eating 53 items took about 2 and half hours or so and cost around 30,000 yen which I believe was worth every penny!

Moment of Advice
Do take note though, your meal may not cost as much as mine depending on the season that you go. Also, halfway through the meal, the chef will ask you how much more you can eat i.e. he will ask what percentage of your stomach is full. If you give him a high percentage of 80% or so, he will serve you less pieces and your meal will be cheaper. A low percentage of 40% or 50% will enable you to receive more pieces which will inflate your bill too. However, if you notice in the pictures, the items towards the end of the meal became more special (or premium I should say) and of course tasted better and better and better. And that is why even though my bill became rather expensive, I thought it was worth it. No way can I get food like this at such a price in Singapore.   

So that's it for my review of Sushi Sho Masa. This place is definitely a must-try for people who love sushi, tsumami dishes and are adventurous in their taste buds.

Restaurant website:
Address:東京都 港区 西麻布 4-1-15 セブン西麻布 B1F
Budget (Dinner): 27,000Yen+
My rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment