Friday, January 31, 2020

Butcher Yamamoto & Daughters @ Ebisu, Tokyo (Dec 2019)


Butcher Yamamoto & Daughter is a small casual steak restaurant located in Ebisu. It is relatively not very well known in the international community but it is very popular among local young adults, or at least that's what I observed while I was there. The beef dishes here are reasonably priced and since this was me and my friend's first time here, we decided to order the omakase course which consisted of 7 courses altogether. Shall we have a look at the pictures?




Starter of Tuna avocado mix and ratatouille with cream cheese mix served with toasted baguette
 

4 slices of Beef ribeye served with thick egg yolk
This melts in your mouth btw
Thick cuts of beef harami and tongue
Ichibo cut
   



Curry rice with beef tendon
Vanilla Ice cream
 Well the course did actually include a bowl of organic salad but turns out I already deleted the photo, and besides it was a waste of time compared to the rest lol. Anyway, I thought this was very good cost performance for the number of items and the quality of the dishes served. Even for a casual place like this I was very surprised by the standard of beef served. Absolutely no way will you ever get a meal like this in Singapore, quality-wise and price-wise. Booking is relatively easy too, but to play safe, do it a week in advance. I know my picture of the restaurant's exterior may show that it was empty but 10 minutes later, it was full house. Another solid meal and another place that I'm glad to have discovered. On a side note, the omakase course and the ala carte ordering of beef cuts are only available during dinner. Lunch here are set meals only.

Website: http://butcher-yamamoto.com/
Address: 東京都 渋谷区 恵比寿西 1-13-5 ブラッサム大六天 1F
Budget: 2000 (lunch), 4000+ (dinner)
My rating: 3.5-4 / 5

No comments:

Post a Comment