Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Hatano Yoshiki 麻布十番 秦野よしき @ Azabujuban, Tokyo (Dec 2019)


Hatano Yoshiki has been on my radar for about a year or two ever since I read up about this talented chef who tries to make your sushi meal more creative by having some french and litany influence on it, or at least that's what I read. Well I can't say for sure that there was any influence, what I know for sure was that his sushi and tsumami dishes all had a very powerful punch to them. He could make shime saba melt in my mouth like Otoro and his conger eel...oh man his conger eel, I dare say is just as good as Sukiyabashi Jiro Roppongi. But enough talk, let's take a look at the pictures of my dinner here:


Clam Soup
Snapper
Large oysters - 1 marinated, 1 smoked
  

Charred Bonito with a delicious paste made from sake, shoyu and seaweed
Shirako in bonito and citrus broth
Generous servings of very tender and delicate ankimo, the best I've tasted so far
 

Kodai
Sayori usually is not a very strong tasting fish, but he made it one lol
 
Shime Saba which melted in my mouth like Otoro
Marinated lean tuna
Chutoro
Toro taku futomaki with a unique sauce which you drink while you chew on this

Super creamy sea urchin
Classic grilled nodoguro, this was great!
Kohada
Boiled shrimp
Aged Akagai
Excellent conger eel, one of the best I've had
Cake-like egg


To be honest I was a little hesitant on coming here because when he first started, his prices were around 15000 to 18000 but ever since he moved to his current location, he jacked his price up to 25000 yen! At first glance, it's a good deal at all in terms of cost performance but man....when I tasted his food, I can see the effort that all that money went into. I don't know how he does it but the immense flavour that engulfs your mouth as you sink your teeth into his food is really quite indescribable, just pure umami. I have to admit though, his nigiri is a little on the small side, I wish they were bigger. In any case, this was a bloody good meal. I would love to come back again...although I hope he doesn't raise his price further. In the meantime, watch this place people, he'll get a michelin star sooner or later.

Tabelog website: https://tabelog.com/en/tokyo/A1307/A130702/13158874/ 
Address: 東京都 港区 麻布十番 2-8-6 ラベイユ麻布十番 B2F
Budget: 25000+ (Dinner)
My rating: 4.5 / 5

No comments:

Post a Comment