Sunday, February 9, 2020

Savoy @ Azabujuban, Tokyo (Dec 2019)



Do I really need to introduce this place? I mean after all, you're reading this because you already have an idea of who this pizza bar is. Straight to the point, I have to first qualify by saying that I haven't really explored many pizza bars in Tokyo. I've only been to the Pizza Bar on 38th at Mandarin Oriental Hotel, and yes I have to say it was bloody amazing. For this recent trip, I came here because I've been keeping an eye out for this place for a long time and I finally decided to give Savoy a shot and boy oh boy, I kept wondering to myself, why on earth did I take so long to come here? Sigh...better late than never right? Come come let's have a look at the pictures.



The entrance
That's the pizza oven which the chef puts his pizzas in for about 1 minute
 

1500 yen Margherita pizza
Crisp crust but yet soft and light on the inside

Pretty fortunate that I was able to get a seat here during lunch time. I reached at about 11:30am sharp and it was already packed. They managed to squeeze me in at a corner but that turned out to be a blessing in disguise as it was right infront of the chef. I had full view of how he stretched his dough and made his pizzas. When it came to my turn to get my pizza, it was piping hot out of the oven and yeah it was pretty damn good. If I compared this to the Pizza Bar on 38th though, I'd say it's a little unfair because of the different styles. This is more Neapolitan style whereas the other is tweaked to have more of a bread-like crust. Both are very good in their own right and it's hard to choose if I had to pick one to visit on any given trip. Anyway, I thought this was outstanding pizza and would be more than happy to eat here again!

Website: http://www.savoy.vc/4_azabu/azabu1_top.html
Address: 東京都 港区 元麻布 3-10-1 中岡ビル 2F
Budget: 1500+
My rating: 4 - 4.5 / 5

No comments:

Post a Comment