Thursday, April 2, 2020

Crab Taifu @ Ningyocho, Tokyo (Dec 2019)


Crab Taifu is a ramen shop located in the Ningyocho area. The shop's claim to fame is its strong and thick tonkotsu-based crab flavoured broth. The noodles if I am not mistaken is also homemade; it had a very nice chewy and springy texture that complimented the strong tasting soup. Anyway, just like any typical ramen shop, it's small with only a few counter seats so if there's a line outside you'd better eat up, finish up and get outta there lol. Anyway, lets have a look at my bowl of crab tonkotsu ramen which I added extra quil eggs and extra pork slices:







This was my one and only ramen meal of the trip and I'm glad I picked this place. I was very satisfied with the ramen here. I used to believe that the tonkotsu broth shouldn't be mixed with other flavours because it tastes best when it's at its purest but this place opened my eyes and made me change my mind. I immediately started reading up on other mixed tonkotsu ramen shops and found a few to consider for my next trip. Having said that, I'm more than happy to come back here for a second visit!

Website: https://en.ramen-taifu.com/
Address: 東京都中央区日本橋蛎殻町1-9-5 大鷲ビル1F
Budget: 1000+ yen
My rating: 4 / 5

No comments:

Post a Comment