Saturday, October 27, 2018

In Piazza @ Novotel Scotts Road, Singapore

The dish to come back for
I decided to give this place a try after I came across a post on instagram that featured their pizza with a really nice charred and fluffy crust. After checking the prices online and some of the items on the menu, I convinced my parents to give this place a try since my Dad is a huge pizza fan. Anyway, if you couldn't already tell from the picture above, the dish that really stole the show wasn't the pizza but the Bistecca Alla Fiorentina. Before I explain why, lets have a look at the pictures shall we? By the way, these pictures were taken during dinner time and I had to brighten them quite abit because the lighting was really poor.


Bread starter
I have a feeling this was baked in the morning because it tasted rather stale.

Bufala Mozarella Caprese
Nothing great about this dish to be honest, but at least it was a proper appetizer.

Grilled Vegetables
 The grilled vegetables was pretty good and for $6, I thought the portion was generous. This dish to me was the true start to our dinner.

Porcini Mushroom Tagliatelle
 A very decent plate of homemade pasta with that lovely woody and fragrant taste from the porcini mushrooms.

Bucatini all’amatriciana
 I thought the mushroom pasta was good but this turned out even better. Some may find this dish a little salty but I loved it. The sauce to me was really on point. Wish the portion were a little bigger though

Bistecca Alla Fiorentina
 The dish that stole the show was definitely the T bone steak which was very well seared and grilled to that perfect medium rare. The steak was also well rested and I could tell that it was aged. This is the dish that I would gladly come back for.

Del Popolo Pizza
Can't remember what flavour this pizza was
 I have to say that the pizzas turned out to be not what I expected. Perhaps that post that I saw on instagram was heavily edited or the chef changed his method, I don't know but it lacked that charred and fluffy crust that I saw on that instagram post. I still enjoyed the pizza but it was clearly overshadowed by the pasta and the T bone steak. I was also a little disappointed that the pizza took 40 minutes to make because of the large number of take out orders. Not that I want to be an unreasonable customer but I think the restaurant should've given their dine in guests priority over the take out orders. But apart from this small blunder, this is probably one of the better pizzas I've tasted in Singapore.

Anyway, I thought the two highlight dishes of the night was the T bone steak and the Bucatini pasta. Not to say that the other dishes were lousy or anything, they were nice too, but those two dishes really stood out in terms of taste. Looking forward to my next visit where I'll gladly order the steak again and try other items on the menu.

Website:  http://inpiazza.sg/
Address: Novotel Singapore On Stevens
Budget (Dinner): $60+
My rating: 3.5 /5 overall but 4/5 for the Steak and Bucatini

No comments:

Post a Comment