Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Tempura Kondo てんぷら 近藤 @ Ginza, Tokyo (Dec 2019)



I suppose if you're reading this now, you'd already have some knowledge about Tempura Kondo and its reputation for being a local favourite, more specifically to the middle aged and elderly folks, and not to mention it also has two michelin stars. The lunch courses here are especially popular since they're priced reasonably at 6500 and 8500 yen which is a lot cheaper compared to the big names like Sonoji, Fukamachi, Motoyoshi, just to name a few. Anyway, this is my first time here and I ordered the latter since I'm a big eater. For that course, I was served 12 items, not including dessert and miso soup.




Shrimp heads

First shrimp

Second shrimp

Asparagus

Lotus Root

Kisu

Water eggplant

Shiitake mushroom

Scallop

Onion

Conger Eel

Kakiage Tendon

 

Just an fyi, the tendon dish can be changed to either a chazuke or a kakiage separate from the rice. At the beginning of the course, the waitress or chef will pass you a menu containing items not included in the course; you may add them for an additional cost. On any other day I would've probably done so, however, I've learnt my lesson of going to places for the first time, adding items and then getting a rude shock at the bill, so this time, I chose not to add any!

Anyway, for the price, I have to say this is a pretty good deal considering the quality and quantity of the lunch course. However, big eater me wasn't exactly full and I went on to have a pasta and a slice of cake immediately after my meal here. But hey, that's me, so don't be discouraged if you're already planning to go to Tempura Kondo. Overall, it's a good place for a delicious lunch and plus the bragging rights of dining at a two star michelin restaurant.

Tabelog Website: https://tabelog.com/en/tokyo/A1301/A130101/13004993/
Address:東京都 中央区 銀座 5-5-13 坂口ビル 9F
Budget (Lunch): 6500+ or 8500+ yen
My rating: 3.5 - 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment