Saturday, September 5, 2020

Mott 32 @ Marina Bay Sands, Singapore (Aug 2020)

 

If you're a HK fan or a dim sum lover, you'd probably heard of Mott32. This post is a combination of 2 visits and will be focused on their Dim Sum and signature apple wood roasted peking duck. So let's get straight into it! I've been wanting to try Mott32 ever since they opened in Singapore and in case you're wondering, yes it was an instant hit when the Hong Kong restaurant opened their Singapore branch right in Marina Bay Sands. I recently got the opportunity to dine here thanks to the phase 2 of the circuit breaker measures in Singapore and I instantly loved it when I tried their dim sum. In fact, I loved it so much, I came back for the peking duck just a week later. So let's look at the photos!

Xiao Long Bao

Pan fried turnip cake

Hot & Sour Shanghainese Soup Dumplings

Wild Mushrooms, Water Chestnut Dumplings

King Prawn Har Gow

Garlic Chives, Shredded Peking Duck Spring Rol

Soft Quail Egg, Iberico Pork, Black Truffle Siu Mai

Matsutake Mushroom, Shredded Turnip, Bonito Flakes

Garoupa, Chopped Chili, Pea Sprouts Dumpling

Pan Fried Minced Angus Beef Bun

Honey Glazed BBQ Iberico Pork, Preserved Vegetable
Chicken, Prawn, Taro Croquette
Wok-Fried Angus Beef, Scallion

Apple Wood Roasted 42 Days Peking Duck “Signature Mott 32 Cut”







Carcass of the duck fried with garlic and chili

I gotta say, sometimes it's hard to describe the taste based on pictures; you just gotta try it yourself yes? The way I would describe what I ate at Mott32 would that it reminded me of Hong Kong; especially the dim sum. Every dumpling was tasty, fragrant and good sized. The Peking duck though, it was good but I thought it would've been better. The skin was outstanding but I felt that the meat was a little on the dry side; in other words, the duck felt lean. After asking the waiter about the origins of the duck, I learnt that instead of using the fattier Irish duck which other places like Imperial Treasure would use, Mott32 uses Malaysian duck instead which unfortunately I would say is not as good as Irish duck in my opinion. But in any case, the Peking duck is still a good dish here; could be better but for Singapore standard, it's considered above average already. Well, looks like there's still many dishes to try here so I'll be back here soon!

Website: https://www.marinabaysands.com/restaurants/mott32.html
Address: 2 Bayfront Avenue, B1-42-44, Galleria Level The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands, 018956
Budget: S$50+ (Dim Sum Lunch)
My rating: 4.5 / 5 (For the Dim Sum only)

No comments:

Post a Comment